In my post on Wednesday I asked the ultimate question, “Okay, am I a nerd?” I received quite a response from readers via Twitter and in comments; and the overwhelming response was…
Yes… Yes, I am a nerd.
Okay, fine. So be it!
And after a further review of my site over the last year, it is embarrassingly obvious that my readers had caught something before I did. My nerdom has been on display for quite some time here on the site. More than on display, it has been putting on a provocative dance! (Think green skin and Star Trek.)
Here are links to some of my other “nerd” editorials that I didn’t reference in my last post, from movies to TV (I hope you enjoy them):
- “Trapped in Spam: My Days in a Post-Monty Python World.” Yes, 1200+ words on my love of Monty Python.
- “Losing the Fedora: Is Indiana Jones Done?” In many ways, I am more an Indiana Jones fan than a Star Wars fan (the prequels definitely cemented that fact). In this post I ask the dreaded question no Indy fan wants answered.
- “I Want a TARDIS! My New Obsession With Doctor Who.” My new obsession (oh wait, I said that in the title). I love this show. If you don’t understand the sheer creative joy of Doctor Who, consider this editorial your introduction. Hello, and yes, it is bigger on the inside…
- I have written two articles on my love of Final Fantasy video games. They are “Final Fantasy XIII-2: Why, Why, Why???” (where I break down the painful and very dark ending of the last game) and “Why This Novelist Likes Video Games” (where I try to excuse, as a snob, my love of the video game series).
- “Jesus or Red Dwarf? I Choose the Return of Red Dwarf.” Probably one of my favorite comedies of all time. One of the few shows I know I can put on at any time of the day and smile. Yes, it’s a dark premise, but for me it is pure joy.
- “Pixar: the Film Studio I Would Sell My Soul to Write For” Yes, I would sell my soul to write for this studio, the studio behind The Incredibles (sequel needed!) and Wall-E. Even being a janitor there would be sweet. (Okay seriously, I have ideas, they should call me.) As a nerd, I would feel at home there.
- “Prometheus: So Many Questions…” What is more nerdy? Seeing Prometheus or writing a blog debating Prometheus?
- Are there musical nerds? Why, yes, definitely. And none better than They Might Be Giants. God, I love this band, “Living With Giants: Growing Up and Older With They Might Be Giants.”
- Yet, if there is a king of nerds today it is Joss Whedon. In this editorial I praise one of my entertainment heroes: “Joss Whedon: Our Outsider Makes Good.”
All I am missing is an article about Battlestar Galactica and why I like the ending of Lost.
Oh! There are some good ideas!
If you liked reading this post, why not check out one of my books? I’ve had three novels published in the last few years, A Jane Austen Daydream (coming in April), My Problem With Doors and Megan. You can find them via my amazon.com author page here, or as an eBook on Google eBooks here. Thanks for reading!…