I’m proud to announce that my new novel MAXIMILIAN STANDFORTH AND THE CASE OF THE DANGEROUS DARE is now available!
You can get the eBook from amazon.com for just $3.99 (http://amzn.com/B00CXSDEBE) or as a a paperback for the low price of $10.71 (http://amzn.com/1484034287). The book is also available via amazon in other countries.
The cursed and foreboding McGregor Castle is the most terrifying and haunted location in all of the British Empire. Only a brave (or foolish) soul would consider visiting it, let alone staying within its walls for five days. In other words, a perfect dare for a man like Maximilian Standforth!
Maximilian Standforth, famed playboy aristocrat and private detective, is a genius with dangerous tastes. With Bob (his trusty carriage driver, biographer, and body guard) and Maggie Collins (actress, spy, and maid) by his side, Maximilian will experience horrors and madness unlike any seen before. For it is at McGregor Castle that the team will discover more than they ever could imagine in this very experimental and genre-breaking thriller.
An excerpt from the book can be read here.
“Chasing the Ghost of Sherlock” can be read here.
“The Joy and Inspiration of Scooby-Doo” a post on another influence is here.
“My Favorite Literary Oddities” a post on three authors who inspired me to try something new can be read here.
- My Mad Genius Moment: The Thrill of Writing Something Radically New
On the Process:
This book was prepared for a self-publication as part of a literary experiment. I am sharing my experience preparing the book via this site. You can read the updates below:
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Taking the Plunge
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: The Necessary Humbling of Editing
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Calling All Cover Artists!
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Finding Inspiration in a Cover Artist
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Next Steps and a Vision
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Back Covers, Conversions and Timeframe
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Curse All These Fonts!
- My Adventure in Self-Publishing: Wrestling the Proof Copy into Submission
Important Publishing Tools:
I was lucky in the preparation of the book to have the editing skills of Rebecca T. Dickson watching my back, click her banner below for more information on her and what she can do for your own books:
AND the wonderful artistic skills of freelance artist, Brina Williamson.
She has worked on numerous book covers and illustrations. You can learn more about her and what she can do for your own books, by clicking on her illustration to the right
She can also be e-mailed at: firstname.lastname@example.org.