So last night my wife and I were woken up by a bright light and then a bang. Then there was silence and darkness…
Yup, we are one of the lucky people who lost their power in the big ice storm of ’13. The rest of our evening was spent huddled in our living room listening to branches falling from the giant tree outside our house. To emphasize the lack of power one of the branches decided to take out the wire as well connecting our home to the grid. Merry Christmas!
Anyway, I’ve snuck onto a computer to share some of my holiday posts. Writing about the holidays is always one of the things I get a kick out of doing on the site, and I do everything from comedy to serious topics. For me, fighting the cold, it’s nice to know people are still checking out my writing while I am living the life of a hermit… in my own freaking cold home.
- Book Review: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (This is the review I did of the book on WKAR last week. I’m really proud of this one, I hope you check it out)
- Losing the Grinch: When I Became a Who
- Neil Diamond’s “A Cherry Cherry Christmas” is the Worst Christmas Song Ever! A Holiday Musical Rant.
- The Christmas Accordion: Holiday 2012 Thoughts
- Why The Littlest Angel is the worst holiday story… ever
- The New Kid in the Audience: A Holiday Confessional
I hope you get power back soon. A good chunk of Michigan is out of luck right now, which might make the holidays difficult.
Its definitely making an interesting story. LOL